Resources launch: Towards inclusive design of WASH infrastructure in informal settlements
Event | 24 June 2022
Practitioners, policy makers, donors and government officials involved in water and sanitation and hygiene (WASH) projects around the world:
Join us for the launch of a new set of evidence-based resources to implement gender and socially inclusive participatory design of water and sanitation infrastructure in urban informal settlements.
Hear from the international experts behind the resources. Learn about our Toolkit showing you how to put reflective practice skills into action to help deliver more inclusive and fairer water and sanitation projects and services to those who need it the most. Hear about our
concise Policy Brief which sets out 4 steps which donors, funders, governments and policymakers can take to facilitate the participatory design of water and sanitation infrastructure in an inclusive way.
This event will be held in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Date / time
Friday 24 June 2022
10am MELBOURNE / 12pm SUVA / 8am MAKASSAR
Duration: 1 hour
Languages: English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Rebekah Brown, RISE Program Director, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and Senior Vice-President, Monash University
- Fadiah Machmud, Chair, Child Protection Institute, South Sulawesi Province, Indonesia
- Shirleen Ali, Pacific Gender and Inclusion Senior Advisor, Fiji, CARE Australia
- Jamie Ewert, Mainstreaming Leader, Water Sensitive Cities Australia
- Becky Batagol, RISE Water for Women Project Lead, Monash University
- Sheela Sinharoy, RISE Water for Women Project Lead, Emory University
This event is in collaboration with: